Testing For Mold?
When you should test for mold:
- Following flood damage
- Once a leak is found
- When you notice stains that you cannot explain
- When you smell mold, but cannot see it
- If someone in your home develops a medical condition that cannot be explained
- Call for a mold inspection if you see or smell mold, or if you are experiencing health problems, most notably, difficulty breathing.
- A visual assessment can help determine where mold is located. Air samples will be taken and tested for mold spores. Once testing is complete, a report will be issued with the findings.
- If test result prove that there is in fact mold present it is important to call a mold remediation specialist, such as SERVPRO, to take care of the job. During mold remediation, professionals will use protective clothing (including masks and gloves) and the proper equipment to ensure the mold does not spread.
- Finally, air samples will be taken again once mold has been removed. A new report will be issued.